JMD Training, Unit 2, 6b Wildflower Way, Boucher Road, Belfast, BT12 6TA
This course is aimed at those employed in a food handling capacity, with responsibility for preparing and cooking food or serving food to consumers. On successful completion of the course; delegates are awarded the Highfield level 2 certification to those working in the food industry, the care sector or the catering sector.
- An introduction to food safety, what is food safety? And how does it affect people?
- The course also covers the legal requirements in relation to food preparation, storage and serving food for consumption.
- The legal requirements for food handlers.
- Identifying typical food safety hazards, (physical hazards, chemical hazards and biological hazards).
- The correct methods of recording and taking temperatures of food and storage facilities, outlining the requirements for:
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding of foods
- Cooking, hot holding and re-heating of foods
- Principles of safe storage
- Cleaning & infection control
- Food premises and equipment