JMD Training, Unit 2, 6b Wildflower Way, Boucher Road, Belfast, BT12 6TA
10 day course spread out over 10 weeks
Many people take the NEBOSH National General Certificate as a first step in a career in health and safety.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate covers the main legal requirements for health and safety in the UK, identification and control of workplace hazards, and the practical application of this knowledge. The syllabus is mapped to the National Occupational Standards for Health and Safety owned by ENTO. No previous health and safety knowledge is required but candidates should note the assessment includes a requirement to write a short report.
The National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is the most widely held health and safety qualification of its kind in the UK with over 170,000 people having gained the qualification since it was launched in 1989. It is suitable for managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations making day-to-day decisions at work who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues and to be able to manage risks effectively.
The qualification is divided into three units, each of which is assessed separately:
- Management of Health and Safety (NGC1)
- Controlling workplace hazards (NGC2)
- Health and safety practical application (NGC3)al
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health and safety management systems – Plan
- Health and safety management systems –Do
- Health and safety management systems –Check
- Health and safety management systems –Act
- Workplace Hazards and Control
- Transport hazards and risk control
- Musculoskeletal hazards and control
- Work equipment hazards and control
- Fire Safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health hazards and risk control
- Health and safety practical application
On completion of this course the candidate will be awarded with a NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety.
Holders of NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety are entitled to Associate Membership (AIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). The qualification also meets the academic requirements for Technical membership (Tech IOSH) of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH –www.iosh.co.uk) and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM – www.iirsm.org).