JMD Training, Unit 2, 6b Wildflower Way, Boucher Road, Belfast, BT12 6TA
This one day course provides candidates with an understanding and awareness of the dangers associated with working at heights and of the safe systems of work to use whilst working at heights. The course provides an awareness of the risks associated with working at heights, understanding appropriate legislation, focusing on the importance of correctly using all equipment for work at height, including steps; ladders, mobile towers, work platforms and MEWP’s and safety harnesses.
- At the end of the course, candidates will:
- Understand the main aims of Health & Safety Legislation (H&SWO 1978 NI, Work at Height 2005 Regulations, Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations, Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1992 and Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1999 NI
- Have an awareness of the risks whilst carrying out work at heights
- Identify common hazards and safety procedures
- Understand the safety requirements relating to ladders & steps
- Understand the safety requirements when using mobile elevated work platforms
- Understand the principals of restraint harnesses.
- Demonstrate the ability to build an aluminium mobile tower correctly